Thursday, October 6, 2011

1K Day Challenge

Well this is somewhat of a special day. When I began the 1k day challenge I sit my initial goal to be 90 day straight days of aerobic exercise. Well I am happy to report that I recorded my 90th day today. I feel about completing this first accomplishment but have already established my next goal of 100 days. Dont know if setting the goal thing is that important to me at this point. The purpose of the challenge is to establish consistency and I dont want this to become about consecutive days and lose track on the real goal which is living a health lifestyle!

I did close to a 3 mile walk today and my training buddy noticed that I wasnt complaining about her pace (typically her pace exceeds mines and i get frustrated) guess I am showing some improvement even if i dont notice it. 

My biggest concern now is doing a better job at monitoring what i eat. Man I have been eating up everything in site and know is based on a little added stress to my  life. As i reported on my last blog i can be somewhat of an emotional eater and lately my stress has spilled over into my eating.  The good news is that i have continued my workouts so atleast i appear to be maintaining.

I have not weighed myself for several weeks now and refused to chase the weight on that scale!!! Been there before and i lived and died based on what the scale said. But i am "DETERMINED" to keep the focus on living healthy and not my weight. Now dont get me wrong the goal is to lose weight but in a healthy long term manner. Man i have had anough of that up and down thing and dont want that to dictate what my mood will be! lol

Guess thats all for now back to my training tomorrow will let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment