Tuesday, October 11, 2011

One of the side effects of this 50 year journey is that I still suffer from a few ailments. Wont discuss them all at this time but the one that is currently bothering me is gout! Man this thing is so painful I have not been able to run in two days! Ive been forced to sit ups to keep up my aerobic workouts. Ive been keeping the foot elevated and taking ibuprofen. Days like this is exactly why I am so determined to get this weight off of me and keep it off. Just not good to have medications make your body do what its supposed to do naturally. The way things are feeling now I probably wont be able to run again until thursday or friday...but im not giving up this is just more incentive for me to continue.

On a lighter note I did begin week 3 of the C25k on Saturday10-9-11. I began with a 5 min warm up, 1.5 min run 1.5 min walk, then 2 rounds of 2.5 mins of run and walk and ended with another 1.5min run and walk, and finally ended with a 5 min cool down walk. Man it was hard but shout out to my work out partner who was very encouraging and was instrumental in keeping those legs moving. Throughout this process i have discovered two things one to effectively lose weight and become healthy you must "show up to the track,gym, or park consistently" and secondly "you have to keep those legs moving"! No matter how hard it is got to keep pushing even if it means slowing down to a crawl gotta keepem moving!

Will keep you updated on the gout and my workouts!

1 comment:

  1. AWWWWWWWW. Hope you feel better soon!

    "show up to the track,gym, or park consistently"
    "you have to keep those legs moving"

    COSIGN!! Today is a run day for me and although it's raining, I've got to get out there.

    Thanks for the shout out! :-) You got this!

    ReplyDelete